AmeriHealth Drug & Alcohol Treatment Coverage
AmeriHealth rehab insurance provides addiction treatment coverage in many states. Learn how to use your AmeriHealth plan here.
- Does AmeriHealth cover drug rehab?
- How do I check my AmeriHealth coverage?
- What are the types of AmeriHealth insurance plans?
- How to do I use my AmeriHealth rehab coverage at American Addiction Centers?
Does AmeriHealth Cover Rehab for Drugs & Alcohol?
AmeriHealth Caritas provides behavioral mental health services for people who need detox and rehab services. As an AmeriHealth member, you have access to AmeriHealth rehab coverage and detox coverage. You are eligible for addiction treatment and mental health services no matter what AmeriHealth insurance plan you have. Each state may offer slightly different types of substance abuse services and your exact rehab coverage may vary by plan.
How Do I Check My Amerihealth Rehab Coverage?
To check your specific AmeriHealth drug rehab coverage, AmeriHealth offers a member portal, AmeriHealthExpress.com. You must register an account online, and then you can access all your information about your AmeriHealth insurance coverage and claims.11
Once you are registered and want to access your AmeriHealth benefits information quickly, you can log in here.12
Types of Amerihealth Rehab Insurance Plans
AmeriHealth insurance is a privately owned insurance company with roots in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. AmeriHealth provides a variety of healthcare solutions and coverage, including addiction treatment, for more than 250,000 members.1,
AmeriHealth insurance offers members and employers an array of different plan options for healthcare needs, such as substance abuse treatment. Because of our many affiliates who use the AmeriHealth name, the plan structure may vary by location, so it’s always best to check the details of your specific substance abuse treatment coverage for clarity before entering your local rehab center.
Some AmeriHealth rehab insurance plans may require a referral from your primary care doctor for certain types of addiction treatment. AmeriHealth plans are as follows: 2
- Health maintenance organization (HMO)—Your primary care doctor will manage your care for you, referring you to specialists, as needed, who are within the network. HMO plans only cover in-network doctors.
- HMO (plus)—This is similar to a standard HMO, except you can choose the doctor or hospital without a referral. However, you must choose one within the network.
- Point-of-service (POS)—With a POS plan, your physician will coordinate all your care for you. You can choose where you go, and it can be with an in- or out-of-network provider.
- POS (plus)—With a POS plus plan, you’ll get all the benefits of the POS plan, but you won’t need a referral for care.
- Preferred provider organization—You’ll have an expansive network of doctors and specialists from which to choose. They can be in- or out-of-network, and you don’t need a referral.
- Exclusive provider organization—This plan allows you to see any doctor or specialist you want without a referral, but you’ll need to stay within the network.
How Much Does Rehab Cost Using AmeriHealth Insurance?
Within the major plans noted above are different levels by which the plans are categorized. 3 These are as follows:
The different categories help define the costs you are responsible for. They are not a reference to the quality of rehab services or the type of medical access you have. 4 If you have the “lower-level” Bronze plan, you will pay less monthly but pay more when you need care. You also will have a higher co-pay. If you opt for the Gold plan, you will pay more every month but less when you receive rehab services. The Silver plan is in the middle, with moderate costs both monthly and at the time of service. 4 For someone who will need frequent or costly services, it may make sense to purchase a plan with less out-of-pocket costs at the time of service, like the Gold or Platinum plans.
You must consult your individual AmeriHealth plan to understand any out-of-pocket rehab costs as your rehab coverage may not cover the entire portion of addiction treatment. If you prefer to speak to a representative or have additional questions that aren’t addressed by the online information, you can call 1-800-275-2583.14
AmeriHealth, Medicare & Medicaid
AmeriHealth Caritas also provides underserved and vulnerable populations with quality healthcare plans by offering solutions through Medicaid and Medicare managed care. 5 These solutions provide critical medical resources.
Two special programs offered through their dual-eligible program include:
- Medicare dual-eligible special-needs plans
- Medicare-Medicaid plans
These programs provide services for people who have special needs, disabilities, and circumstances presenting independent living challenges.5 Every state offers a different level of assistance, so it’s best to check with your AmeriHealth representative to see if these services apply to you.
How to Find Rehabs that Accept Amerihealth Coverage
At American Addiction Centers, we’ve helped thousands of people just like you all across the nation get the right substance abuse treatment. Located throughout the United States, we work with many different insurance providers, including AmeriHealth insurance, to ensure our clients are well cared for.
For information about how to find rehabs that accept Amerihealth, we have also authored detailed guides about how you choose the best rehab center in the state of your choice which you can find below.
For any other questions, Reach out to our detox helpline today, or fill out the form below to verify if your AmeriHealth rehab benefits are accepted at American Addiction Centers. You’re only one step away from a new future.