Kaiser Permanente Insurance for Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Kaiser Permanente insurance provides addiction treatment coverage in many states. Learn how to use your Kaiser benefits for detox or rehab here.
- Does Kaiser Permanente cover addiction treatment?
- What are the types of treatment covered by Kaiser Permanente?
- How do I use my Kaiser Permanente coverage at American Addiction Centers?
Does Kaiser Permanente Cover Rehab for Drugs and Alcohol?
Kaiser Permanente offers comprehensive health care coverage, which includes drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Review options you have available within your state and for your specific situation, as coverage for addiction varies by each plan. This gives you options so that finances are not a hindrance to receiving the help that you need.
Types of Treatment Covered by Kaiser Permanente Insurance
Several treatment offerings are covered, including Kaiser Permanente addiction treatment coverage. The services that Kaiser Permanente health insurance cover include, but are not necessarily limited to:
Currently, Kaiser Permanente covers small business plans, employer plans, individual and family plans, and Medicare and Medicaid healthcare plans. Speaking with a Kaiser representative will provide you the direction that you need based on your unique circumstances.
When an individual is dependent on a substance, such as drugs or alcohol, they will more than likely need to detox in order to safely rid their body of the substances by discontinuing use and by working with a medical support staff. Detox may take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, contingent on the level of substance dependency, the support available to the user, and on what substance(s) are in the user’s body.1
American Addiction Centers provides medical detox in a safe environment with licensed physicians and support staff and Kaiser Permanente offers coverage for detox.
Types of Kaiser Permanente Insurance Plans
Kaiser Permanente is a private insurance company and is built upon the idea that everyone deserves to be healthy. What contributes to this is a simple and seamless customer experience, personalized care, and actual value for individuals and their loved ones. Kaiser is available in Washington, D.C. and 8 different states, which includes California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Maryland, and Virginia.
Founded in 1945, Kaiser has a lengthy track record of taking care of its members. Headquartered in Oakland, California, the insurance company consists of the Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and its subsidiaries, the Permanente Medical Groups, and Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Kaiser Permanente boasts the biggest not-for-profit health plans in the United States, distinguishing themselves in a competitive space. Kaiser currently:
- Serves 12.4 million members.
- Has over 700 medical offices nationwide.
- Has over 35 hospitals across the country.
The purpose of this page is to inform users on how to use their insurance plan to get detox and rehab for drug and alcohol addiction. Kaiser Permanente (Northwest) is strengthening its addiction treatment and support through working with community partners. They focus on opioid use reduction and substance abuse through a number of regional and statewide commissions.
The types of plans that Kaiser Permanente includes varies and also depends on individual needs. Through employers, Kaiser Permanente offers the following:
- Point-of-Service Plan. The POS Plan is a 3-tier employer group plan that permits you to either get care within Kaiser’s structured care delivery system, to get covered medical services via their network of providers, or to decide on a licensed non-participating provider of your choosing.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plan. This provides referral-free access to providers within the Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Network or any licensed provider across the country.
- Out-of-Area-Indemnity Plan. This provides health coverage for group enrollees who work and live out of the Kaiser Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) service area and the providers within the PHCS Network.
Kaiser Permanente, Medicare, & Medicaid
Each health plan offers different options depending on your age, individual or family situation, financial circumstances, employment status (see above), and the state in which you reside. View your options to see what would work best for you, while taking the following variables into consideration:
- Individual and family plans cover one person and/or eligible household/family members.
- This is the federal health insurance program for those 65 and older, those under 65 with certain disabilities, and those with end stage renal disease.
- This is a health coverage option that is administered by each state, but must follow the federal requirements. It covers eligible low-income children, adults, pregnant women, people with disabilities, and elderly adults.
- If you currently have health insurance, but are losing it due to a qualifying life event such as the loss of a job or getting a divorce, Kaiser Permanente may have an option for you.
Finding Rehabs that Accept Kaiser Permanente Insurance
As one of the largest networks of treatment providers in the United States, American Addiction Centers works with a variety of insurance companies to help people access to drug and alcohol treatment, including Kaiser Permanente.
You’re not alone in your battle with substance abuse and finances should not be a barrier to receiving the proper treatment to help you get on the road to recovery.
For more information on whether or not you can use your plan at American Addiction Centers, contact our detox hotline to speak with one of our admissions navigators at .
Does your insurance cover treatment for withdrawal?
We can help – check your coverage instantly or text us your questions to find out more.