Cigna Drug and Alcohol Treatment Coverage
Cigna offers detox and rehab coverage in Florida and 8 other states. Learn how to use your Cigna plan for drug and alcohol treatment here.
- How to use your Cinga benefits for rehab coverage
- How to find Cigna approved rehab facilities
- Cigna coverage for inpatient rehab and detox
Does Cigna Cover Detox or Rehab?
Cigna insurance provider offering plans with coverage for drug and alcohol treatment like detox and rehab. As a direct result of the passing of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), drug and alcohol rehab services are required to be covered by Cigna and other insurance providers as an essential benefit. Keep in mind, however, the exact coverage offered for addiction treatment services will often vary by plan.
How to Use Your Cigna Plan for Treatment
Although insurance providers are all required to cover substance use treatment, exact coverage varies. That’s why the first the to using your Cigna plan for detox, rehab, or both, is to verify your plan’s coverage.
First, you can check your Cigna coverage online. Cigna has a website where you can create an account and access your plan details. This account allows you to check your benefits, find in-network rehab providers, and estimate any out-of-pocket costs.
Alternatively, rehab providers often operate detox hotlines that allow you to verify our coverage and out-of-pocket costs instantly. However, You may still want to verify with Cigna directly for the best explanation of your benefits.
If you’d like to know whether your insurance may cover the full or partial cost of rehabilitation at one of American Addiction Centers’ various rehab centers across the states, simply fill in your information in the form below.
While you should always check with Cigna before using your benefits. Most Cigna plans provide some level of coverage for the following treatment types and substance use disorders:
How to Find Rehab Centers Covered by Cigna
Cigna insurance plans are currently offered in the following 10 states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Virginia. Although coverage is offered in these states, plans & benefits can vary depending on where you live. 2
Online therapy covered by Cigna is available in most states as well. This includes the above-mentioned state of, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Virginia.
Types of Cigna Insurance Plans
Cigna offers rehab providers that are in-network to help save you money when accessing care. Insurance plans through Cigna are available in three tiers:3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Bronze plans have the lowest premiums, but the highest out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and co-pays. These plans are best for people who can’t afford high premiums or don’t go to the doctor frequently.
- Silver plans have higher premiums than bronze plans, but lower out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and co-pays. These plans are best for people with families or those who go to the doctor regularly.
- Gold plans have the highest premiums but the lowest out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and co-pays. These plans are best for people who visit the doctor often, have a chronic illness and are prescribed several medications.
Cigna and Medicare
Medicare is a federal program that provides health insurance to people aged 65 or older, as well as people with specific disabilities.13 There are different types of Medicare plans, some of which are available through Cigna.1,13 Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans are available through private insurance companies and offer medical and hospital coverage as well as other benefits including prescription medication benefits, depending on the plan that you choose.13, 14 These plans commonly include a deductible and set copay amounts for doctor visits and maximum out-of-pocket limits.14
Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D) are offered through private insurance companies to provide coverage for prescription medications.13 Cigna administers Medicare prescription drug plans throughout the US and Medicare Advantage Plans in 16 US states and Washington, D.C.1 Some Medicare Advantage Plans require you to access care within a network of providers that are contracted with Medicare, while others allow you to see any provider you wish, although this may cost you more.14
Medicaid is a federal program that provides health insurance to people with disabilities, children, and low-income individuals.15 Cigna offers Medicaid-managed care plans in Texas through a program known as STAR+PLUS.15
Cigna also offers a range of health insurance plans for federal employees and retirees, depending on employer and location.16 Plan types include:
- Open Access Plus (OAP) plans, which include a large network of providers, clinics, rehabs, and hospitals across the country that you can access without a referral and the option to choose your primary care doctor to coordinate your medical care.16
- Preferred Provider Organization plans, which are similar to OAP plans but that allow additional flexibility by offering the option to choose care from providers that are out of network.16
- LocalPlus plans, which offer a limited network of providers and facilities close to where you live and also offer the safety net of care when you are out of the area.16
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, which offer a network of providers, clinics, rehabs, and hospitals within a set area to meet your treatment needs.16
Does your insurance cover treatment for withdrawal?
We can help – check your coverage instantly or text us your questions to find out more.